GENERAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Pat’s Automotive is an auto repair retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality and value. We are looking for exceptional general service technicians to provide outstanding tire and wheel related services and oil changes. The general service technician at Pat’s Automotive positively influences customer satisfaction and profitability by completing basic services in a high quality manner.
From attentive salespeople to expert technicians, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to impress the customer. When you join Pat’s Automotive, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating satisfying auto repair and maintenance experiences for our customers and a company that places a strong emphasis on training and career advancement.
If you share our passion for the customers we serve, the products we sell and the work we do, this is a place for you to build a rewarding career.
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Check tire pressure and condition
- Check and top off all fluid levels
- Recommend necessary services to sales and service personnel
- Rotate tires and visually check brakes
- Place lube sticker on every vehicle serviced
- Mount, balance and install tires
- Complete all repairs in an accurate and safe manner
- Accurately complete all paperwork
- Assist in maintaining shop appearance and safety standards by performing duties such as inventory stocking and other general functions
- Interact with customers in a courteous and friendly manner, including returning vehicles in clean condition
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work area
- Refer any technical questions to the Service Manager, Assistant Service Manager or Technician
- Maintain knowledge of general automotive skills and continue to develop additional technical skills
- Comply with established safety programs, including wearing protective eyewear
Education and Experience
Requirements: high school diploma or its equivalency; auto repair and customer service skills; knowledge of the automotive industry; a professional personal appearance; oral and written communication skills; and an ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. The General Service Technician must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Aptitudes: ability to communicate effectively with customers and technicians; and an ability to perform multiple tasks. Temperament: ability to perform in a professional manner with a smile and a positive attitude. The General Service Technician must be able to safely maneuver and drive a vehicle.
Work is fast-paced in an Indoor/Outdoor, customer-oriented environment. This is a physically demanding position, requiring stooping, bending, crouching, crawling, and moving throughout the service department. The employee may stand up to eight (8) hours and may lift up to 70 pounds. The employee will use a spray gun and will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The General Service Technician may be required to move vehicles.
(Hours to be worked, schedule, salary offered, miscellaneous)